Highlands Ranch Roofing Company and Contractor

Highlands Ranch roofing companies such as Mile High Roofing, Inc. are called on to replace many wooden shake shingle roofs when working in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. The town was founded in 1981, and a huge building boom followed. This was an era of popularity for shake shingles, with many people incorporating the rustic/historic effect they give.

Unfortunately, shake shingles require yearly maintenance with an application of topical water-repellant preservative to retain their natural beauty. This treatment is often forgotten, ignored, or just something people are not aware of, so the shingles tend to curl up and crack over the years.

When this happens the roof is much more susceptible to wind and weather damage, as well as being a fire hazard.

As with many roofing companies in the Denver Metro area, Mile High Roofing, Inc. does about 70% of its business in roof replacement due to weather damage on insured homes, with the other 30% coming from customers who just need new roofs due to wear-and-tear, and life cycle replacement.

Highlands Ranch homeowners have an extra incentive to re-do their roofs with a different materials and not wait for hail damage to trigger an insurance settlement. The fire hazard wood shingles poses could create a much more expensive loss than the cost of a new roof.

Homeowners insurance is typically not available or far too expensive these days on homes where new shake shingles are installed. On the other hand, installing new asphalt or composition shingles nets you a substantial discount on homeowner’s insurance.

Several of the roofing materials companies Mile High Roofing, Inc. carries, include these asphalt and composition shingles, designed to mimic the look and feel of real wood shingles. The difference is, they are much more fire-retardant and long-lasting.

CertainTeed Roofing Products was the first company to offer a wood shingle look-alike, “Presidential.” GAF Roofing Products features two offerings --“Grand Sequoia,” and a slightly thicker shingle “Grand Canyon,” and Owens Corning Roofing Products supplies “Woodcrest and Woodmore” which give the look of a heavy wood shake shingle. Authentic color blends are available with some of these products, along with wind-resistance up to 130 mph, and limited lifetime warranties.

Highlands Ranch roofing companies and contractors have an obligation to make clients aware of the safety factors involved in the wooden shake roofs prevalent in Highlands Ranch. Mile High Roofing, Inc. has become a trusted contractor there, having installed many new roofs in Highlands Ranch.

CALL TODAY FOR A FREE ESTIMATE: 720-248-7374
Better Business Bureau approved roofer Denver roofer Verify your Roofer Roofing logos: GAF, Owens Corning, Certainteed, Malarkey, Tamco
GenFlex products for Denver roofing company National Storm Damage Center recommends Denver roofer Mile High Roofing Inc. Service Magic approved Denver roof repair company Mile High Roofing Inc.
 
FOLLOW US: facebooktwitter

SERVICE AREAS

Arvada | Aurora | Brighton | Broomfield
Castle Rock | Centennial | Cherry Creek
Cherry Hills Village | Colorado Springs | Commerce City
Denver | Englewood | Golden | Greenwood Village
Highlands Ranch | Lakewood | Littleton | Lone Tree
North Glenn | Parker | Thorton
Westminster | Wheat Ridge